What is a hospitality site?

Hospitality sites are available for hire by teams wanting a relaxing setting for teammates to gather after finishing The Ports of Auckland Round the Bays.

In 2017, sites will be available at Madills Farm in Kohimarama.

We have been granted access to an additional soccer field at Madills Farm which gives us capacity for an additional 64 sites this year, therefore we have been able to accommodate all previous Glover Park bookings at Madills Farm. This enables us to have one main post event hospitality venue for teams to celebrate post Ports of Auckland Round the Bays. 

There are two types of sites that are available for purchase;

  • Standard: A 7m x 7m space, each site costs $350 incl GST. Hirers may book multiple adjoining sites if required. This site will include one allocated car pass.
  • Marquee: An all-inclusive package with an allocated space, marquee and fencing. Each site costs $900 incl GST and includes a 7m x 6m space, 6m x 3m marquee, outdoor space and one allocated car pass.

Hospitality sites can be purchased directly through the registration form or on our:

Printable order forms

You can’t go wrong with a couple of sausages off the BBQ, a thirst quenching beverage and a good chair to sit on after finishing Ports of Auckland Round the Bays. We have you all sorted in terms of decking your site out with furniture, ordering food to fill the grumbling tummies and keep everyone from getting parched.

Here are forms for Carlton Party Hire, Mad Butcher and Liquorland for you to order equipment, food and liquor (print if required). Simply click on the form to open the printable version.

Equipment hire for your site is ordered through Carlton Party Hire.

Site Map

Click the maps to see the large version. For more information please contact us at roundthebays@fairfaxmedia.co.nz.

Do I require a liquor license?

If a site host is providing the alcohol without any charge, donation, contribution or koha on the part of attendees no special license is required as no 'sale' is taking place.

If attendees at a site are bringing their own alcohol then no special license is required as no 'sale' is taking place.
If a site host is providing alcohol and it is provided in return for any charge, donation, contribution or koha on the part of the attendees a special license is required as a 'sale' is taking place.

If you have any queries as to whether you require a license please contact Rob Abbott on 09 353 9659.
Those who do require a special license can find details on how to apply by clicking here.

Applications must be received by Friday, February 3.

Site hosts acknowledge that if they are to charge attendees (directly or indirectly) for alcohol, they are responsible for obtaining a liquor license from the Auckland City Council.